Kuoni Tumlare : Health & Safety
Our Health & Safety Standards
As a global provider of services, we understand that it is our responsibility to ensure our Health and Safety Standards are of the highest standard in all regions where we operate and are committed to customer protection as our number one priority.
For each step of a journey, a detailed safety plan has been devised in partnership with our trusted suppliers to ensure everyone involved is protected along the way – and in the event someone is unwell, our customer service team is there to advise and support.
- Temperature checks prior to the start of duty
- Updated itineraries to avoid large crowds and maintain social distancing
- Guides and drivers to wear facemasks at all times
- Guides will no longer shake hands
- Briefing travellers on protocols when they enter a new country
- Groups may be limited in size or divided into smaller Groups
- Advance bookings where possible to avoid queues
- Restaurants must have HandS protocols in place that comply with local regulations
- All staff to wear face masks where possible in line with local regulations
- Tables spaced within the restaurant to maintain social distancing
- Hand sanitizer readily available to guests
- Restaurants ensure that guests do not handle food at buffets
- Paperless menus to be provided where possible. If paper menus are in use, they should be discarded after use
- Minimize the number of guests waiting/congregating in common areas
- All passengers required to wear a face mask
- Travellers seated with social distancing rules in place. Seats behind driver may be left empty
- Fixed seating arrangements for duration of tour or transfer in the same vehicle
- Hand Sanitizer available in all vehicles
- Removal of printed materials from seat-back pockets
- Vehicles regularly disinfected
Driver greets may be prohibited to reduce exposure of drivers
Staging areas must adhere to social distancing. Staggered times for departures may be required depending on group size
- Hotels might screen travellers’ temperatures upon arrival and check out, where possible in line with local regulations and guidelines
- Hotels will limit physical contact as much as possible, while still delivering the best service possible
- Buffet meals may be replaced by a la carte service or served menu
- Where possible, room service will be made available for guests, subject to hotel category and group size
- Spa facilities may operate under strict social distancing rules. Pre-booking may be required
- Hotels must have HandS protocols in place that comply with local regulations
- Vendors are required to disinfect any equipment before and after its use during an event
- Any (off-stage) musical entertainment is required to have a 6m perimeter
- Any high-touch games or activities will require an attendant to clean equipment after each use
- If entertainment requires rehearsal, the room must be closed to all other personnel
- Closely monitor symptoms of employees (temperature checks, physical symptoms, etc.)
- Plated service preferred
- Limit surfaces for guests to touch (i.e. chef attended stations)
- All kitchen, warehouse and delivery employees to wear face masks
- Constant cleaning of kitchen surfaces
- Delivery drivers sanitize all trucks after every delivery
- Hand sanitizing products stocked on all delivery trucks
- Completely sanitize and clean the building after guests’ use. This should include sanitizing all contact surfaces from the entry to exit as well as the restrooms and any food service areas
- Hand sanitizer stations made available in all entries and exits as well as the main guest areas and all restrooms
- Dedicated staff to monitor and maintain venue space and bathrooms regularly during events, especially high-touch contact surfaces
- All food stations will be manned by attendants and will follow strict protocols for guest service ensuring that only the attendant is touching food prep/service items
- Group sizes may be restricted
Ask Our Experts
With a footprint streching across 18 European countries, you can always trust us to provide the latest information about travel restrictions and in-country regulations. We are more than happy to help - please reach out to your Contact.
COVID Testing Network
As part of our Health & Safety commitment, we have a comprehensive network of COVID testing providers across our destinations so we can support your customers.
What's more, we also have one dedicated H&S point of contact at each destination for any type of inquiries or support needed.
Emergency Handling Procedure
Working in this industry for over 100 years has taught us that we must be prepared for any situation that may occur.
This is never been more obvious than in these times, for that reason, we have upgraded our Emergency Handling Procedures, including an Emergency Escalation Procedure and an Emergency Customer Support team. Our staff is trained and ready to handle anything that might occur for your peace of mind.
With these processes and standards in place we are in a good position to protect our Partners.
Our standards hold a World Travel & Tourism Council (WTTC) Safe Travels stamp so you can travel with confidence.